The Lagos State Government on Monday filed a 12-count charge before a state High Court, against an Interior designer, Ehizogie Ogbebor, for alleged failure to pay tax returns.
The state, through its prosecution counsel, Mr A. I. Alli said the defendant, who is also an Instagram celebrity, had refused to pay personal income tax to the state internal revenue service from 2014 till date.
According to Alli, the defendant is a taxable personality but has evaded tax.
He said the offences contravened Sections 41 and 94 (1) of the Personal Income Tax Act, Cap. P8, Laws of the Federation, 2004 and Sections 56(a) (b) of the Lagos State Revenue Administration Law, No.8, 2006.
When the case came up on Monday, Alli told the court that he had a motion for substituted service.
He said he had not been able to serve the defendant the charge.
Alli, therefore, asked for an order of the court to effect substituted service on the defendant.
“We seek the leave of this court for substituted service to paste the notice on the last known address of the defendant, at plot 59, Fola Osibo St, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos,” he said.
Justice Yetunde Adesanya gave a short ruling and granted the order for substituted service.
She adjourned the case until Oct. 26 for hearing.
- IPOB Threat: Court Grants Eze Ndigbo In Lagos N1 Million Bail
- Monarch who threatened to invite IPOB to Lagos arraigned for terrorism
- Man bags life jail for defiling neighbour’s daughter in bathroom
- Court raises fresh issues as FCT residents seek to stop Tinubu’s inauguration
- Bishop raped, threatened me with madness – Assistant pastor