The Adamawa State Police Command said it has arrested a 29 years old man, Abubakar Kawu for allegedly kidnapping a boy of six and strangling him to death.
The Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, SP Suleiman Yahaya Nguroje in a statement said the suspect, Kawu, a dry cleaner had on May 12, 2023, kidnapped his victim, Abdulhafiz Buba Aliyu and demanded a ransom of N3.5 million from the boy’s father.
The child’s father, Muhammed Buba Aliyu, was reported to have begged to pay N50,000, which was all he could afford but the suspect became provoked by the little amount and strangled the boy to death.
The statement said security operatives arrested the suspect a few days after and he confessed to killing the boy
The Police appealed to parents to always monitor their wards, vowing that the suspect would be charged to court as soon as investigations are completed.
- Suspended Adamawa REC granted bail after 3 days in custody
- Ex-boxer punches his wife to coma over TV remote in Ondo
- Parents Allege Kano Vigilante Group’s Involvement in Son’s Death
- IPOB: Disregard sit-at-home order – Police
- Woman sues her father for attempted forced marriage in Kaduna