Lagos police spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, has explained what led to the fire incident at Alaba International Market in Ojo.
On Friday, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service reported that shops at the popular Alaba International Market are on Fire.
The agency also reported that angry mobs prevented firefighters from carrying out their duties.
But in a tweet, while reacting to a report of the fire incident at the market, Hundeyin said it was police officers from Ojo division, who set ablaze the shanties which were hideouts for criminals.
Hundeyin said the police officers recovered some weapons from suspected criminals at the shanties.
“This is a false narrative! Acting on credible information, police officers from Ojo Division raided shanties around the market, arrested suspected criminals and recovered some weapons. The shanties were thereafter set on fire.
“Alaba Int’l Market is NOT on fire!“
- CBN calls for resolution in USSD transactions dispute
- Lamidi Apapa storms Presidential Election Petition Tribunal court
- US State Secretary, Blinken calls Tinubu ahead of May 29 inauguration
- BBNaija All-Star Pool Party Sparks Controversy: Ilebaye’s Romantic Kiss With Cross and Her Intentions to Kiss Other Housemates
- Transfer gossip: Man Utd face competition for France striker as Liverpool rival Red Devils for Ajax star