Following the resignation of Femi Gbajabiamila, the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, his seat has been declared vacant by the incumbent, Tajudeen Abbas.
The declaration followed Gbajabiamila’s letter of resignation in Abuja on Wednesday at the plenary under personal explanation.
Abbas, after receiving the letter and reading it to members said, “We have today declared the seat of Surulere Lagos Constituency vacant following the resignation of Gbajabiamila. “
Gbajabiamila said in his letter of resignation addressed to the Speaker that he would take up a new role as the Chief of Staff (CoS) to President Bola Tinubu.
The immediate past Speaker further said he would cease to be a member of the 10th House of Representatives.
Gbajabiamila commended the House and people of his federal constituency following his appointment by the President, adding that serving the House and the people of his constituency has been a great honour.
- BREAKING: Tajudeen Abbas Emerges Speaker of the 10th House of Representatives
- 35 South-East Reps-elect endorse Abbas, Kalu for House leadership
- Emefiele meets Tinubu at Aso Rock
- Federal Executive Council Approves $1.5 Billion World Bank Budget Support and $80 Million AfDB Financing
- Tinubu signs data protection bill into law