The Senate Tuesday confirmed the nomination of Abike Dabiri-Erewa for reappointment as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission.
This followed the presentation of the consideration and adoption of a report by the Committee on Diaspora and NGOs chaired by Senator Michael Nnachi.
Nnachi said the nominee possessed the technical and academic qualifications to occupy the position.
He said there was no petition against her.
The Senate also confirmed the appointment of three persons as board members of the Niger Delta Development Commission.
This followed the adoption of report by the committee on NDDC, presented by the chairman, Senator Amos Bulus.
The nominees are Benard Oboatarihieyeren Okwmagba (Delta), Patric Aisowieren (Edo) and Kyrian Chidiebere Uchegbu (Imo).
- We Didn’t Abandon Igbo In Sudan, NiDCOM Tells Nigerians
- Sudan: FG Gives Update On Evacuting More Nigerians
- JAMB to integrate Nigerian students from Sudan into universities
- Minister Fashola Urges Senators to Redirect N6trn Ground Rent Enquiry to SGF
- FG: Zungeru Hydroelectric Plant Completed, ready for commissioning