It was a family affair at the world premiere for “The Little Mermaid,” last night.
Disney’s live-action reimagining of the studio’s Oscar®-winning animated musical classic, took place in Hollywood Monday (May 8th) at the Dolby Theater. Cast and filmmakers gathering to toast the film’s upcoming launch including the film’s star Halle Bailey and her sister Chloe Bailey.
A host of celebrity guests also turned out and brought along their adorable children.
“The Little Mermaid” is the beloved story of Ariel, a beautiful and spirited young mermaid with a thirst for adventure. The youngest of King Triton’s daughters and the most defiant, Ariel longs to find out more about the world beyond the sea and, while visiting the surface, falls for the dashing Prince Eric. While mermaids are forbidden from interacting with humans, Ariel must follow her heart. She makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, which gives her a chance to experience life on land but ultimately places her life – and her father’s crown – in jeopardy.
The film stars singer and actress Halle Bailey as Ariel; Jonah Hauer-King as Eric; Tony Award® winner Daveed Diggs as the voice of Sebastian; Awkwafina as the voice of Scuttle; Jacob Tremblay as the voice of Flounder; Noma Dumezweni as The Queen; Art Malik as Sir Grimsby, Oscar® winner Javier Bardem as King Triton; and two-time Academy Award® nominee Melissa McCarthy as Ursula.
Visionary director Rob Marshall’s “The Little Mermaid” opens exclusively in theaters nationwide May 26, 2023.
- For Stonebwoy’s Collaboration With Angelique Kidjo, Dentaa Amoateng Was The Link
- Gap Sues Kanye West for $2 Million Over Unauthorized Property Renovations
- BBNaija’s Wathoni Expresses Displeasure with Friend who Shared Her Number for Hookup
- Nollywood Actress Sonia Ogiri Flaunts Her New Body Figure on Instagram
- Ronaldinho Takes Center Stage in Bad Bunny’s Latest Music Video, “Where She Goes”