On Sunday, May 7, at the coronation concert for King Charles III and Queen Camilla, Nigerian superstar Tiwa Savage delivered a remarkable performance that left the crowd in awe. Her rendition of “Keys to the Kingdom,” a song she co-wrote with Mr. Eazi and appeared on Beyoncé’s album “The Lion King,” was a standout. Tiwa Savage graced the brilliantly illuminated stage wearing a gorgeous green dress created by Lanre Da Silva and was joined by an ensemble of violinists, drummers, and backup vocalists singing in Yoruba.
The evening featured performances from a host of international music legends such as Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, Andrea Bocelli, Take That, Sir Bryn Terfel, Freya Ridings, and Tiwa Savage, who held her own and represented the African continent with aplomb.
Tiwa Savage’s performance was a testament to her artistry and prowess, and it showcased the power of African music on a global stage. Her performance was well received by the audience, cementing her status as one of Nigeria’s finest exports in the music industry.
Take a look at her performance below:
- Tiwa Savage Reflects On Her Performance At King Charles III’s Coronation Ceremony: “One day I’ll tell my son”
- Davido Thrills Crowd at Abia Governor’s Inauguration Party with Free Performance
- Davido Responds to Forbes Magazine’s “King of Afrobeats” Title
- Burna Boy and Quavo Collaboration in the Works, Sparks Excitement among Fans
- Blue Ivy Shines Onstage with Beyoncé During Paris Performance of Renaissance World Tour