Manchester United’s first offer for Andre Onana was doomed to fail, while Bayern Munich really fancy their chances of landing Harry Kane, even if they have to wait…
UNITED FAIL WITH FIRST ONANA OFFER
Inter Milan said last week that they expected an opening bid from Manchester United for Andre Onana within days. According to Gianluca Di Marzio, that offer has been made.
Apparently the Red Devils have put £34million on Inter’s table – which will almost certainly be thrust back at them.
Earlier in the summer, Chelsea made a similar offer for the Cameroon keeper and were told to come back with £50million. So United’s first attempt was doomed to fail.
Complicating the matter for the Red Devils is the inevitable interest in Onana from Saudi, with Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al Nassr sniffing around the ex-Ajax stopper.
BAYERN PLOT NEXT MOVE FOR KANE
United should be doing everything they can to sign Harry Kane but they are too broke or too scared – possibly both – to make a decisive play for the England striker.
Bayern Munich have got their big boy pants on, though, and the Bavarians are planning their next move after their opening offer was rejected.
The Germans offered £61million plus add-ons for Kane which, unsurprisingly, was rejected by Tottenham. Sky Germany says Bayern are now plotting their next move, with their information being that Kane is firmly focused on joining the Bundesliga champions.
Bayern’s problem, of course, is Daniel Levy. Spurs are keeping their cards very close to their chest, leaving Bayern to work out for themselves what it will take to convince Levy to part with the club’s record goalscorer.
Bayern could decide to leave it a year and take Kane for free when his Spurs deal expires at the end of the coming season. In which case, they could turn to Werder Bremen’s Niclas Fullkrug as a stop-gap solution.
GERRARD TAPS INTO LIVERPOOL LINKS
ICYMI, after initially turning down their advances, Steven Gerrard has now been confirmed as the new coach of Al Ettifaq. See for yourself:
من الأسطورة شخصيًا 🗣️
— نادي الاتفاق (@Ettifaq) July 3, 2023
Now it becomes about who Gerrard takes with him to Saudi. The Daily Mail says the ex-Liverpool skipper wants to bring the current Reds captain to the Pro League, with Jordan Henderson lined up by the seventh-placed finishers. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is also said to be a target.
So too is Philippe Coutinho. Gerrard signed the Brazilian for Villa but Coutinho has barely had a look in since Unai Emery took over. Other reports suggest Gerrard could move for Sadio Mane should the former Liverpool striker be made available by Bayern.
- Bayern Munich Makes Second Bid for Harry Kane in High-Stakes Transfer Saga
- Andre Onana Takes Responsibility for Blunder as Manchester United Falls to Bayern Munich
- Transfer gossip: Man Utd target £17m veteran striker and Feyenoord keeper
- Transfer gossip: Real low-balling Spurs over Kane boosts Man Utd, new option for Gundogan
- Transfer gossip: Liverpool rival Atletico for Italy star, De Gea rejects Onana job swap