Arsenal Fan Allegedly Headbutts Roy Keane at Emirates Stadium During Victory Over Manchester United

London, September 4, 2023 – Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane was allegedly headbutted by an Arsenal fan inside the Emirates Stadium during Arsenal’s victory over Manchester United.

The incident occurred as the 52-year-old football pundit was making his way to fulfill his post-match media duties for Sky Sports. Keane was confronted by a fan at the top of the west stand while he was waiting for a lift to take him to the pitchside area.

According to reports from The Daily Mail, the fan aimed a headbutt at Keane, striking him on the chest and chin. Fortunately, it appears that Keane was prevented from suffering serious physical harm during the incident.

A video circulating online shows former footballer Micah Richards restraining a man, but the fan had left the area before security guards arrived at the scene. The altercation between Keane and the supporter occurred after Alejando Garnacho’s goal in the 88th minute was ruled out by VAR.

In response to the incident, both Keane and Richards quickly rushed to the scene to assess the situation after Garnacho’s goal was disallowed due to a tight offside call.

Keane eventually made his way to the pitchside area under the escort of security personnel.

London’s Metropolitan Police have initiated an investigation into the alleged assault. A statement from Sky Sports reads, “We understand the police are investigating an alleged assault by a member of the public immediately preceding the footage circulating on social media.”

See also  Manchester City Midfielder Bernardo Silva Vows to Thwart Manchester United's Bid for Portuguese Star Joao Neves

The Metropolitan Police in London issued a statement confirming their investigation: “Police are investigating following an assault that is alleged to have occurred at the Emirates Stadium during an Arsenal v Manchester United match on Sunday, 3 September.”

Regarding the match itself, Arsenal secured a significant come-from-behind victory over Manchester United. Marcus Rashford initially gave the visitors the lead, but his goal was promptly canceled out by Martin Odegaard, who equalized moments later. Declan Rice then scored the winning goal deep into stoppage time, with Gabriel Jesus adding a third for Arsenal.

Similar Posts:

Leave a Reply