In a surprising turn of events, Arsenal has made a formal offer for Brentford goalkeeper David Raya, as reported by the Daily Star and confirmed by renowned journalist Fabrizio Romano. The 27-year-old shot-stopper has emerged as an unexpected target for Mikel Arteta’s side, raising questions about the future of current Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale.
According to the report, Arsenal’s offer for Raya stands at an initial £20 million, with an additional £3 million in add-ons. This figure surpasses the £18.5 million that Arsenal paid Sheffield United to secure the signing of Ramsdale in 2021.
However, it seems unlikely that Brentford will be satisfied with the bid, given earlier reports suggesting the club’s desire to receive £40 million for parting ways with Raya. As a result, Arsenal may be required to significantly revise their initial offer if they wish to reach an agreement with The Bees.
- Transfer gossip: Chelsea, Bayern eye Arsenal keeper as Man Utd target Bayern forward
- Arsenal’s 1-0 Victory Over Everton Marred by Controversial Goalkeeper Swap
- Transfer gossip: Chelsea in part-ex talks over Mbappe, Arsenal ‘express interest’ in Kvaratskhelia
- Arsenal Prepares Third Bid for Declan Rice to Rival Manchester City’s Offer
- Transfer Gossip:Liverpool must shatter transfer record after ‘quickly refused’ offer; Arsenal get ‘discount’ on next signing