Afro-Fusion Star Reacts to Mockery Over Grammy Loss, Sparks Online Controversy
In a recent social media exchange that has ignited a buzz online, Afro-fusion sensation Burna Boy found himself at the center of controversy after throwing shade at fellow Nigerian singer Davido while responding to an unprovoked insult from one of the singer’s fans.
The incident unfolded when a supporter of Davido’s 30 Billion Gang (30BG) fan base, displaying Davido’s photo as their profile picture, took to Twitter to mock Burna Boy for his loss in all four of his Grammy nominations. In a direct attack on Burna Boy, the Twitter user labeled him an ‘ode’ and sarcastically remarked, “Ode Bottled 4 Grammys.”
Rather than responding with anger or defensiveness, Burna Boy chose to redirect the conversation, drawing attention to the fan’s choice of profile picture. In a subtle yet cutting retort, Burna Boy replied, “The actual Joke is in your Display Pic.”
See the exchange below:
The exchange quickly gained traction on social media, with fans and observers weighing in on the spat between the two Nigerian music heavyweights and their respective fan bases. While some praised Burna Boy for his clever response, others criticized the exchange as unnecessary and unproductive.
The incident underscores the ongoing rivalry and tensions within the Nigerian music industry, particularly between Burna Boy and Davido, two of the country’s most prominent and influential artists. Their rivalry has often played out in public forums, including social media, where fans fiercely defend and promote their favorite artists.
- Nissi Reacts to Davido’s Description of Burna Boy as the ‘New Cat’ in the Music Industry
- Daniel Regha Sparks Speculation Over Wizkid’s Shifting Alliances with Burna Boy and Davido
- I Think Burna Boy is Gay- Davido’s Alleged Side chic, Ivanna Bay
- Davido Reacts to Abuja Concert Low Turn-out Controversy Amidst a Year of Highs and Lows
- Davido Teases Collaborative EP with Kizz Daniel Following Success of “Twe Twe” Remix