Grammy Winner Reveals Decision in Freestyle, Throws Shade at Brymo During Rehearsal
In a surprising revelation, Grammy-winning artist Burna Boy, born Damini Ogulu, recently disclosed that he turned down a lucrative $5 million offer to perform in Dubai. The Nigerian superstar cited the prohibition of marijuana use in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as the primary reason for rejecting the tempting offer.
During a candid moment while rehearsing with his band, Outsiders, Burna Boy shared the news in a freestyle captured on a video circulating on social media platform X. The artist emphasized his commitment to his lifestyle, mentioning that he refuses to go to places where he cannot freely indulge in smoking marijuana.
“Hustle make you go fall off like Brymo” — Burna Boy 👀 👀 pic.twitter.com/XGnCojYMPc— WeTalkSound (WTS) (@wetalksound) October 31, 2023
Dubai’s stringent laws forbid smoking in various public areas, including parks and beaches. Burna Boy, known for his outspoken personality, made it clear that even a $5 million offer wasn’t enough to compromise his principles when it comes to enjoying his preferred recreational activities.
The freestyle not only unveiled Burna Boy’s decision but also included subtle jabs at fellow artist Brymo. While delivering a live rendition of what appears to be a freestyle or new song, Burna Boy encouraged others to hustle, cautioning against falling off the path, a remark interpreted by many as a reference to Brymo.
- Burna Boy Makes History as Most Followed African Artiste on Audiomack
- Ayra Starr Celebrates Maiden Grammy Nomination in Best African Music Performance Category
- Adekunle Gold Calls Out Brymo Over Disrespectful Tweet About His Wife, Simi
- Burna Boy Contemplates Dropping New Music
- Burna Boy Drops Summer Anthem “Sittin’ on Top of the World” and Announces Historic U.S. Stadium Performance (Video)