O.B.O Expresses Amazement at Rema’s ‘Calm Down’ Dominance in the United States
In a recent interview on UAE’s #1 Music Station, The Kris Fade Show, Afrobeat sensation Davido Adeleke, affectionately known as O.B.O, couldn’t contain his excitement over the remarkable achievement of his junior colleague, Rema, on the United States music charts.
Expressing his astonishment, Davido gushed about how Rema’s track, ‘Calm Down,’ has not only held its ground but soared on U.S. charts. During the interview, he acknowledged that the global growth of Afrobeat has exceeded his expectations. Davido proudly commended stars like Rema for making waves internationally.
“Years ago, I never thought a Nigerian artiste would have a Top 5 record in America. Rema has had Top 5 records in America for the past eight months, non-shaken,” he declared. Notably, Rema’s ‘Calm Down’ and its remix featuring Selena Gomez recently achieved a historic milestone as the first Nigerian song to spend a year on the U.S. Billboard charts.
Watch him speak below:
- Nigerian Sensation Rema Continues to Make History as “Calm Down” Soars on Billboard Hot 100
- Rema Announces Concert At The 02 Arena, London
- Afrobeats Sensation Rema Aims for Collaborations with American Female Superstars Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion
- Nissi Reacts to Davido’s Description of Burna Boy as the ‘New Cat’ in the Music Industry
- Rema’s Remarkable Journey: Watch A Throwback Video That Captured His First Time Arrival in Lagos