In a recent operation, operatives from the Lagos Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) apprehended two suspected internet fraudsters at House F10, Victoria Crest 4, Lekki, Lagos on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
The arrested individuals, identified as Udemba Chukwuemeka (a.k.a Jody) and Jamal Jamiu Onasola (a.k.a. Jamal), were taken into custody at the residence of musician John Njeng Njeng, popularly known as Skales. The suspects are alleged to be involved in a dating scam, and during their arrest, they referred to Njeng as their “mentor.”
Udemba Chukwuemeka and Jamal Jamiu Onasola Nabbed in Lekki for Alleged Dating Scam, Cite Skales as Mentor
Chukwuemeka, who goes by the alias Jody, has reportedly been residing in Njeng’s residence for the past two years, while Onasola, known as Jamal, has been there for only a few months.
The EFCC stated that both suspects will face charges in court once investigations are concluded. The arrest at the home of a prominent musician adds a layer of intrigue to the case, raising questions about the extent of involvement and knowledge of the alleged mentor, Skales, in the activities of the arrested individuals.
The anti-graft agency is expected to uncover further details during the course of its investigation, shedding light on the dynamics of the suspected dating scam and the connection between the suspects and the musician.
- Mohbad: Lagos State Police Command Addresses Lekki Toll Gate Crowd Dispersal and Ongoing Investigations
- Skit Sensation De General Shares Insights into His Dating Preferences
- National Association of Nurses Raises Concerns Over Mohbad’s Case: Calls for Professionalism in Reporting
- Lagos Police Identify Auxiliary Nurse as Prime Suspect in Mohbad’s Death Investigation
- Shatta Wale Sparks Controversy with Claims of Drug Smuggling by Ghanaian Artists