Spanish Reports Suggest Red Devils Have Submitted Offer
Manchester United have reportedly submitted an offer to Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti with a view to replacing Erik ten Hag as their head coach next season.
The 64-year-old Italian is entering the final year of his contract at the Santiago Bernabeu, and with no new deal on the horizon, United are reportedly keen to capitalize on the situation by bringing him to Old Trafford.
According to Spanish radio program Tiempo de Juego on Cope, Ancelotti has received an offer from a Premier League club who are “looking for a coach next season.” While the report doesn’t explicitly name United, it is widely believed to be the Red Devils who have made the approach.
Ancelotti’s potential arrival would signal a significant shift in United’s managerial strategy, as they have traditionally appointed younger, up-and-coming coaches in recent years. However, Ancelotti’s vast experience and proven track record of success could be a tempting proposition for the club’s hierarchy.
The Italian has won numerous trophies throughout his career, including three Champions League titles, two Premier League titles, and a Serie A title. He has also managed some of the world’s biggest clubs, including Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, and Chelsea.
While Ancelotti has insisted that he will see out the remainder of his contract at Real Madrid, the lure of a Premier League return and the opportunity to manage a club of Manchester United’s stature could prove too hard to resist.
Whether United’s reported offer will be enough to convince Ancelotti to make the move remains to be seen, but the Red Devils are certainly making a bold statement of intent with their pursuit of the experienced Italian coach.
- Carlo Ancelotti Emerges as Potential Replacement for Erik ten Hag at Struggling Manchester United
- Ancelotti speaks after Real Madrid’s hammering by Manchester City
- Guardiola Surpasses Ferguson’s Champions League Wins, Sets Sights on Ancelotti’s Record
- Manchester United Eyes £130 Million Move for Vinicius Jr as Real Madrid Seeks Kylian Mbappe Funds
- Transfer gossip: Liverpool eye ‘sensational’ Bayern swoop as Real ponder Mourinho return