Manchester United’s manager, Erik ten Hag, has offered insights into his team’s alleged interest in Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar. Despite the 31-year-old being contracted with the French club until 2025, there have been persistent rumors of a potential departure.
According to reports from L’Equipe, the Red Devils are considering a sensational swoop for the Brazilian international. Ten Hag, who is seeking a high-profile player with European experience to bolster his project, was questioned about the club’s intentions regarding Neymar’s signature for the upcoming summer transfer window.
“When I have news, I’ll tell you,” responded the Dutchman, delivering a straightforward message during a preview for Manchester United’s upcoming clash against Chelsea on Thursday.
Neymar has long been the subject of interest from various suitors, including Manchester United and Chelsea. The speculation surrounding his potential departure intensified following an incident involving PSG supporters. The fans had gathered outside Neymar’s residence and expressed their desire for him to leave the French champions.
If a move to Old Trafford materializes, Neymar would have the opportunity to join fellow Brazilians Casemiro and Antony at Manchester United. The prospect of uniting these talented players from the same nation may serve as an enticing proposition for the Red Devils.
As the transfer window approaches, the football world eagerly awaits any further developments regarding Neymar’s future. Manchester United’s pursuit of the skilled forward, should it come to fruition, could potentially reshape the dynamics of the Premier League and add a new dimension to the club’s attacking prowess.
- Transfer gossip: Man Utd step up Neymar pursuit as Liverpool join race for England defender
- Manchester United Manager Erik ten Hag Targets Elite No.9 in Summer Transfer Window
- Manchester United Aims to Stop Man City’s Pursuit of Historic Treble in FA Cup Final
- Solskjaer has revealed that he advised Manchester United to sign Haaland for a fee of £4m, but they didn’t listen to him
- Transfer gossip: Man Utd among four eyeing Gent goalscorer as Liverpool monitor Eredivisie duo