Manchester United fans may soon witness a change in club ownership as Sheikh Jassim closes in on a deal to become the new owner of the renowned football club. After the Glazer family’s announcement of their intention to sell the club back in November 22, discussions have been ongoing, leading to frustrations among fans who eagerly await a resolution.
Sheikh Jassim, along with Ineos chief Sir Jim Ratcliffe, emerged as the frontrunners in the bidding process. While Ratcliffe’s bid included a caveat that kept Avram and Joel Glazer as stakeholders, Sheikh Jassim’s offer initially fell short of the £6 billion asking price set by his rival. However, recent developments indicate that the Qatari businessman is now on the brink of finalizing the takeover deal.
The uncertainty surrounding the ownership change has reportedly impacted manager Erik ten Hag’s summer transfer plans, as he had expected financial backing from the impending takeover. Despite the limitations, United has managed to make significant signings, bringing in Mason Mount from Chelsea for £60 million, Inter Milan keeper Andre Onana for £47 million, and Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta for £72 million.
Nonetheless, to continue strengthening the squad, United is also pursuing Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, which may necessitate player sales to raise additional funds. West Ham is reportedly pursuing Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay, while Donny van de Beek is also expected to be sold.
As negotiations with Sheikh Jassim progress, the football world eagerly awaits the formalities of the takeover to be completed, potentially bringing a new era for Manchester United. Fans hope that a new ownership structure will bring stability and investment to the club, allowing them to compete at the highest level and regain their former glory.
- Sheikh Jassim Awaits Response from Glazers on Premium Offer for Manchester United Takeover
- Sheikh Jassim’s Takeover of Manchester United Receives Boost as Glazer Family Shows Support
- Qatari Banker Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani Makes Final Bid to Acquire Manchester United
- Sheikh Jassim Emerges as Front-Runner in Manchester United Ownership Race, but Glazer Family May Not Sell
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe Discusses Manchester United Takeover Bid as Ownership Fate Remains Uncertain