Reality Star Reveals She Created False Narrative to Deter Romantic Pursuits in the House
Mercy Eke, the first runner-up of the recently concluded BBNaija reality show, has confessed to fabricating claims of having a billionaire boyfriend. This revelation comes after her initial disclosure of a supposed 120 million Naira offer from her boyfriend to dissuade her from participating in the show.
During her stint in the Big Brother house, Mercy Eke had shared details of her boyfriend’s possessive behavior, claiming he urged her not to join the reality show. She further revealed that he had offered her a significant sum of 120 million Naira to prevent her from entering the competition, a proposition she asserted she had firmly rejected. However, in a recent interview with Toke Makinwa, Mercy Eke admitted to concocting the existence of a billionaire boyfriend.
The reality star clarified that she fabricated this narrative with the intention of discouraging male housemates from pursuing romantic relationships with her, expressing her disinterest in starting a relationship within the confines of the Big Brother house.
Watch her Speak below:
- Mercy Eke Faces Backlash for Admitting Strategic Use of Whitemoney’s Name in Big Brother Naija House
- Big Brother All Stars: Mercy Eke Receives First Strike, Faces Potential Disqualification
- BBNaija All Stars: Ceec Firmly Denies Romantic Interest in Pere Despite His Claims
- Debt Drama Unfolds: Young Woman Accuses BBNaija Star Mercy Eke of Unsettled N1 Million Debt (Audio)
- Dorathy meets Seyi for the first time after reality show and disgraces him in Public (video)