From Arrival to the 2023 Ballon d’Or Stage – Rema’s Rise Unfolds in a Glimpse of the Past
In a heartwarming reflection of his incredible journey, Divine Ikubor, widely known as Rema, has become the youngest face of global Afrobeats music. A throwback video capturing his arrival in Lagos years ago has resurfaced, rekindling admiration for the singer’s inspiring story.
Rema, who recently graced the stage at the 2023 Ballon d’Or where he performed his hit single, “Calm Down,” is once again in the spotlight as glimpses of his past circulate on social media. The throwback video, recorded on the 26th of September several years ago, depicts Rema arriving in Lagos alongside two friends.
Rema’s First time in Lagos 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/h1me98IVrC— 𝕂𝕦𝕤𝕤𝕞𝕒𝕟 (@kusssman) November 5, 2023
From those humble beginnings, Rema has evolved into one of the most prominent and youngest figures in the Afrobeats music scene, earning global recognition for his talent and influence. His journey is a testament to his perseverance and dedication to his craft.
The impact of Rema’s music extends beyond Nigeria, and his single “Calm Down,” along with its remix, has garnered widespread acclaim. The latest feather in his cap is the six nominations received at the 2023 Billboard Music Awards, showcasing the artist’s growing influence on the international stage.
- Rema and Selena Gomez’s ‘Calm Down’ Wins Best Afrobeats Award at 2023 MTV VMAs
- Rema Wows Football Royalty with Stellar ‘Calm Down’ Performance at Ballon d’Or Gala (Video)
- Rema Breaks African Record with “Calm Down” on Billboard Hot 100 Chart
- Afrobeats Sensation Rema Aims for Collaborations with American Female Superstars Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion
- Davido Applauds Rema’s Milestone