Seun Kuti has taken off to Switzerland to commence his Europe tour in Zurich, according to a post he shared via Instastories on Thursday. The singer posted a picture of himself on the plane, captioning it, “Euro tour kicks off tonight in Zurich.”
This development follows Seun Kuti’s release on bail on Tuesday night. The musician had reported to the Lagos Police Command headquarters after the Inspector-General of Police ordered his arrest for allegedly assaulting a policeman in Lagos. He was subsequently held at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) after a Lagos magistrate’s court ordered his remand.
Initially, the police sought an order to keep Seun Kuti in custody for 21 days to complete their investigation. However, the court directed the police to detain him for an additional 48 hours and then release him on bail.
Last Thursday, the magistrate extended Seun Kuti’s remand for an additional four days to allow the police to continue their investigation. The magistrate also ordered the duplication of his file to be sent to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) and adjourned the trial until May 22. However, the magistrates’ court failed to convene on Tuesday, causing a delay in the proceedings.
Seun Kuti’s decision to embark on his Europe tour amidst the ongoing assault trial has raised eyebrows and sparked discussions among fans and observers. The singer’s legal situation remains unresolved, and it remains to be seen how his absence from the trial proceedings may impact the case.
- “Dem put me for hard cold floor…” – Seun Kuti reflects time in detention.
- The IGP Has Ordered The Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Assaulting A Policeman
- Seun Kuti Breaks Silence After Release from Police Custody, Expresses Gratitude to Supporters
- Afrobeat Sensation Seun Kuti Arrested and to Face Trial, Latest Reports Confirm
- Seun Anikulapo Kuti Denies Domestic Violence Allegations Sets the Record Straight