The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has ordered the arrest of Seun Anikulapo Kuti, the son of Afrobeat legend, late Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
The police public relations officer (PRO), Olumuyiwa Adejobi, made this known in a statement on Saturday night.
In a trending video, Seun Kuti was seen a having a heated argument before slapping the police officer in uniform standing on the highway.
He was heard saying:
“You dey craze! You dey mad!”
while he was screaming the above statement, It is not yet confirmed what could have led to the assault by Seun Kuti.
Full video of the Seun Kuti incident. pic.twitter.com/tUaU7SgKwH
— Stephen (Mr SOS) Solademi (@StephenSolademi) May 13, 2023
Adejobi in a statement issued, said:
“The IGP has equally ordered a speedy and full investigation into the remote and immediate cause(s) of the assault and prosecution of the suspect accordingly.”
“IGP Usman Alkali Baba assures Nigerians that acts of contempt/disdain for symbols of authority will not be tolerated while offenders of such hideous crimes will be surely brought to book.”
- “Dem put me for hard cold floor…” – Seun Kuti reflects time in detention.
- Seun Kuti Departs for Switzerland amidst Ongoing Assault Trial
- Afrobeat Sensation Seun Kuti Arrested and to Face Trial, Latest Reports Confirm
- Seun Anikulapo Kuti Denies Domestic Violence Allegations Sets the Record Straight
- Seun Kuti Breaks Silence After Release from Police Custody, Expresses Gratitude to Supporters