The first batch of Nigerians evacuating the war-torn Sudan have arrived in Nigeria after ceaseless efforts to transport them to Egypt.
The Nigerian Air Force transported 376 individuals who arrived at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja via a C130 military aircraft late on May 03, 2023.
This comes after the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission successfully moved the stranded citizens by bus to Egypt’s Aswan Airport. The federal government also confirmed that it secured the services of numerous airlines to assist in the evacuation of Nigerians from Sudan, with additional groups anticipated to arrive in Nigeria shortly.
The commission disclosed that Sudan currently hosts approximately 5,500 Nigerian citizens, predominantly students.
- Max Air incident: NSIB, NCAA set to conduct investigation
- Adamawa INEC REC Arrested by The NPF
- Man Embarks on Foot Journey From Makurdi to Abuja for Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Oyetola reacts to Supreme Court verdict, congratulates Gov Adeleke
- Two Nigerian girls reportedly burnt to death by their boyfriends in Burkina Faso