Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis Delivers Christmas Surprise as Osimhen Inks New Deal
Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has officially committed his future to the club by signing a new contract that will keep him at the Italian side until June 2026. The announcement was made by Napoli’s President, Aurelio De Laurentiis, who had teased the deal as a potential ‘surprise gift under the Christmas Tree’ for fans.
In a tradition unique to Napoli, De Laurentiis personally took charge of unveiling the news, sharing images of Osimhen putting pen to paper with a succinct caption: ‘Done!’
Fatto! ✍️ pic.twitter.com/MFOBuZ69IW— AurelioDeLaurentiis (@ADeLaurentiis) December 23, 2023
Reports from various sources, including Sky Sport Italia and Fabrizio Romano, suggest that Osimhen’s new contract comes with a substantial boost to his salary, now reaching €10 million per season after tax. Additionally, the deal incorporates a release clause set between €120-130 million, applicable exclusively to foreign clubs in the upcoming summer transfer window.
The inclusion of a release clause could attract interest from top European clubs, with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Paris Saint-Germain reportedly undeterred by the set asking price.
Napoli initially secured Osimhen’s services from Lille in September 2020 for a fee of €75 million, plus bonuses. The Nigerian striker played a pivotal role in Napoli’s Serie A triumph, becoming the first African Capocannoniere of Serie A and earning the title of African Player of the Year.
- Napoli Nears Agreement on New Long-Term Contract with Victor Osimhen
- Napoli President Claims Only PSG Can Afford Victor Osimhen
- Napoli President Reveals Victor Osimhen’s Potential Move to Premier League, Real Madrid, or PSG
- Victor Osimhen Restricts Summer Transfer Options to Two Clubs, Claims Former Napoli Midfielder
- Napoli Owner Drops Hint on Victor Osimhen’s Future Amidst Contract Uncertainty