Nigerian Afrobeats sensations Wizkid and Tems joined forces to deliver a captivating performance of their global hit single “Essence” at the prestigious Essence Festival of Culture. The highly anticipated event marked their first live collaboration in two years, leaving the concert-goers in awe of their remarkable chemistry and on-stage brilliance.
“Essence,” which is the 11th track on Wizkid’s fifth studio album, “Made In Lagos,” has garnered international acclaim for its infectious rhythm and soulful melodies. The song’s popularity soared even higher with the release of a remix featuring American pop star Justin Bieber in August 2021.
The 29th edition of the Essence Festival of Culture took place at the iconic Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. The festival featured an impressive lineup of artists, including the legendary Missy Elliot, Lil Wayne, Megan Thee Stallion, Remy Ma, Ms. Lauryn Hill, and Jermaine Dupri, each delivering electrifying performances that left the audience wanting more.
During their time on stage, Wizkid and Tems showcased their undeniable talent and charisma, captivating the crowd with their powerful rendition of “Essence.” The synergy between the two artists was palpable, creating an unforgettable experience for both the performers and the audience.
- Burna Boy and Ayra Starr Mesmerize Fans at Afro Nation Festival Opening Night
- Rema Breaks African Record with “Calm Down” on Billboard Hot 100 Chart
- Davido Responds to Forbes Magazine’s “King of Afrobeats” Title
- B-Red Shares Anecdote of Burna Boy Chasing After Davido’s Car During Their First Meeting (Video)
- Wizkid Makes History as First Afrobeats Vocalist to Win Brit Billion Award