In a shocking turn of events, Ijeoma Otabor, popularly known as Phyna, the winner of the ‘Level Up’ edition of Big Brother Naija, is now facing a hefty N100 million lawsuit for defamation of character. The legal action has been initiated by her fellow contestant, ChiChi, following a series of allegations made by Phyna during the recently concluded BBNaija Reunion show.
During the show, Phyna leveled a range of accusations against ChiChi. Firstly, she claimed that ChiChi had been dishonest about her age, asserting that she is older than she portrays herself to be and is in fact older than most of the Season 7 housemates. Additionally, Phyna alleged that ChiChi had abandoned her children in Benin, leading to the tragic death of one of them.
Adding fuel to the fire, Phyna took to Snapchat to assert that ChiChi underwent liposuction for N3.5 million and allegedly poisoned her friend in Cyprus out of jealousy before returning to Nigeria. These damning claims have led ChiChi to take legal action against Phyna, with her solicitor labeling the allegations as false, slanderous, and damaging to her reputation and brand.
ChiChi, through her legal representative, has demanded a public apology from Phyna for the defamatory statements made against her. Moreover, she is seeking compensation of one hundred million Naira as well as an injunction preventing Phyna from making further libelous remarks about her.
- Big Brother Naija Winner Phyna Clarifies Controversial Stance on Abortion
- Former BBNaija Housemate ChiChi Accuses Colleague Deji of Involvement with Older Women (Video)
- Phyna Opens Up About Relationship with Big Brother Naija All-Stars Winner IleBaye
- Ilebaye Precious Odiniya Emerges Victorious in Big Brother Naija All Stars
- BBNaija “Shine Ya Eye” Winner White Money Tips Ilebaye for Victory in ‘All Stars’ Edition