Ijeoma Otabor addresses criticism and retracts previous statements made during an interview with Chude Jideonwo
Ijeoma Otabor, popularly known as Phyna and the winner of Big Brother Naija’s ‘Level Up’ edition, has revisited her controversial remarks on abortion, clarifying her stance during a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo.
In the interview, Phyna initially asserted that virtually no woman, except virgins, has abstained from experiencing one or two abortions. This statement drew widespread criticism, with many questioning her perspective on the sensitive topic.
Defending her views, Phyna labeled her critics as hypocrites and argued that the use of contraceptives like Postinor or Becharm Ampilox, combined with warm water after intercourse, could also be considered a form of abortion.
However, in a recent turn of events, Phyna has retracted her words, expressing regret for the controversial statements made during the heat of the interview. She clarified that she does not support abortion and acknowledged her overly expressive demeanor at the time.
Emphasizing her revised position, Phyna reiterated her disapproval of abortion and expressed a desire not to be associated with such views. She admitted to her mistakes and revealed that she is currently collaborating with gender-based organizations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to facilitate sensitization and education on abortion and other pertinent societal issues.
View the statement below:
- BBNaija Winner Phyna Faces N100 Million Lawsuit as Colleague ChiChi Alleges Defamation of Character
- Phyna Opens Up About Relationship with Big Brother Naija All-Stars Winner IleBaye
- BBNaija All Stars Winner, Ilebaye, Responds to Seyi’s Accusations: Demands Apology to Parents
- AY Comedian Sets the Record Straight: ‘I’m Not Among Nigeria’s Top 10 Funniest Comedians
- BBNaija All-Stars Fallout: Former Allies Phyna and Ilebaye Spark Social Media Feud