The popular Alaba International Market in Ojo area of Lagos State was razed by fire on Friday, destroying properties worth millions.
The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service in a tweet on Friday, said that officials of the agency from Ojo, Sari-Iganmu and Ajegunle are “being turned back by angry mobs from performing their statutory duty but presently on standby.”
The agency added, “The agency is consequently collaborating with security agents to address it.”
- Kano State Government Reclaims Trillions of Naira Worth of Land through Demolition Exercises
- Commissioner Orders Immediate Closure of Ladipo Market for Environmental Offences
- Max Air incident: NSIB, NCAA set to conduct investigation
- Fuel scarcity: Marketers taking undue advantage of Nigerians – Sanwo-Olu
- Police Arrest 15 Suspects Linked to IPOB Shooting in Ebonyi State