Nigerian cook, Hilda Bassey, known as Hilda Baci has responded after the Guinness World Record declared that it will evaluate all data before determining if she set a record.
On 15th of May, 2023, Monday morning in Lagos state, Nigeria, Hilda Baci broke the previous record for the longest cooking marathon.
Guinness World Record responded to a tweet on Monday that it would review all the information before confirming it formally.
Hilda accomplished the milestone after spending more than 87 hours and 45 minutes in the kitchen, breaking the set record by Indian chef Lata Tondon in 2019.
A twitter user, @AlexanderDGreat, has questioned why the Guinness World Records stayed silent regarding Hilda’s new record.
“Why is Guinness World Record not showing or talking about Hilda‘s cook-a-ton? Can’t see anything on their pages (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube),”
In response, GWR said;
“We are aware of this amazing record attempt, we need to review all the evidence first before officially confirming a record”.
Hilda Baci, an indigene of Akwa Ibom state in Nigeria, responded to this via her Twitter account, after setting her record of 100hours, saying she is anxiously waiting.
“I can’t wait for it to be official.”
- I’m proud of you –Tinubu tells Hilda Baci
- Nigeria’s Hilda Baci Smashes Guinness World Record for Longest Individual Cooking Marathon
- Unity Of Nigeria Not Negotiable – Tinubu
- Femi Fani-Kayode Rejects Cardinal Onaiyekan’s Call to Postpone Bola Tinubu’s Swearing-in as President-elect
- Oba Elegushi breaks silence on alleged report of his wife Olori Sekinat fighting for her life after a BBL surgery