Nigerian singer Johnny Drille, also known as John Ighodaro, has addressed and dismissed rumors surrounding his alleged romantic involvement with up-and-coming actress Tomi Ojo. Speculation about their relationship arose due to the portrayal of romantic scenes in the music video for Johnny’s hit track, ‘Believe Me’.
However, on Tuesday, news of Johnny’s secret marriage to Rima Tahini, the Director A&R at Mavin Records, put an end to the swirling rumors about his romantic connection with Tomi. In a recent interview with Hip TV, Johnny clarified the nature of their relationship, emphasizing that they are simply friends.
Johnny Drille praised Tomi Ojo and commended her exceptional performance in the hit music video. He stated, “First of all, if you watched the [‘Believe Me’ music] video, you would know that there are two Ojos in the song. One is Wale Ojo, the other one is Tomi Ojo. It was in a way some kind of pun but it seemed to work well together.”
He further elaborated, “But as regards relationship, Tomi Ojo is an amazing person. She’s fantastic to work with. She’s very great for the music video. That is the much I can say. That’s all I can say.”
Johnny Drille’s clarification should put an end to the dating rumors. Watch the interview below for more insights:
- Johnny Drille and Don Jazzy Reunite for New Song ‘Spending
- Gospel Sensation Chidinma Ekile Clears the Air on Dating Rumors with Flavour and Kizz Daniel
- Rema Sparks Dating Speculations as He Celebrates Justine Skye’s Birthday
- Peruzzi Slams Anita Brown’s Accusations, Denies Affair with Chioma
- Niyola’s Emotional Video Goes Viral as She Expresses Her Faith in God