Another ‘RHOA’ star is pulling the plug on her marriage.
Kim Zolciak-Bierman has filed for a divorce from her husband Kroy Biermann after 12 years of marriage. According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ, The ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ star lists April 30 as the date of separation between her and the former NFL star.
The reality star described her marriage as “irretrievably broken with no hope of reconciliation.” She is seeking primary physical custody of their 4 children and joint legal custody. She has also asked for spousal support and the restoration of her maiden name.
News of the divorce comes on the heels of reports the couple are having serious financial issues. Kim and Kroy owe $1.1 million to the IRS in unpaid taxes, interest and penalties from 2013, 2017, and 2018 … and they also owe the state of Georgia $15,000 for unpaid taxes from 2018. There were also reports that their Georgia home was in foreclosure and up for sale, which they denied.
“If you guys think I would let my home that we’ve put millions and millions of dollars into go for $257,000, you’re an idiot, okay? For real,” Zolciak-Biermann said.
Kim, 44, and Kroy, 37, wed in November 2011 at their Georgia home. The lead-up to their big day was captured in the first season of her Bravo reality show Don’t Be Tardy. The series aired from 2012 to 2020 for eight seasons.
During that time the couple welcomed four children: 9-year-old twins Kaia Rose and Kane Ren, Kash Kade, 10, and Kroy Jagger, 11. Biermann also legally adopted Zolciak-Biermann’s older daughters Brielle Biermann, 26, and Ariana Biermann, 21, in 2013.
- BBNaija Star Mercy Eke Considers Surrogacy for Future Parenthood
- “Crap talk” – Maureen Esisi slams BBNaija star Angel for asking airlines to ban babies from flights
- Reality Star Doyin Advocates for Open Parental Communication on Honest Bunch Podcast
- Debt Drama Unfolds: Young Woman Accuses BBNaija Star Mercy Eke of Unsettled N1 Million Debt (Audio)
- Naira Marley and Sam Larry Seen Together After Release from Police Custody