In a surprising announcement, Kourtney Kardashian has revealed that she has changed her last name to her husband Travis Barker’s, just over a year after their wedding. The 44-year-old reality star took to Instagram on Thursday (June 29) to share the news, posting a picture of her updated identification card from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The official certificate displayed her new name as “Kourtney Kardashian Barker,” replacing her birth name, Kourtney Mary Kardashian.
Captioning the post, she simply wrote, “say my name.” Kourtney further clarified her decision in her Stories, sharing a screenshot of an article explaining the tradition of post-marriage name changes. According to the snippet, it has long been a tradition for the bride to take her husband’s last name, often dropping her middle name and adopting her maiden name as her new middle name.
- Warri Pikin Expresses Gratitude as Husband Surprises Her with Public Display of Affection
- Big Brother Naija Star Frodd and Wife Chioma Expecting First Child
- BBNaija star, Khafi celebrates husband Gedoni on his birthday (Video)
- Travis Scott Teases Exciting Collaboration with The Weekend and Bad Bunny
- Erica Nlewedim Shares Mother’s Reaction to Rumored Secret Marriage with Wande Coal Then Tweets That Marriage Claim was a Prank