Afrobeat artist and songwriter responds to fan’s criticism of Burna Boy for allegedly relying on multiple songwriters, Peruzzi asserts that he should not be credited for something he didn’t do
In response to a fan’s claim that Burna Boy’s hit song was penned by Peruzzi, Afrobeat artist and songwriter Peruzzi has emphatically debunked the rumor, asserting that he should not be credited for something he didn’t do.
The fan had criticized Burna Boy for allegedly using many songwriters while his fans hailed him for his lyrical prowess, referring to them as “lost children.” The follower also accused Burna Boy of frequently sampling other artists’ songs and warned that Peruzzi might cease to write for him.
In a recent interaction with a follower, Peruzzi effectively dispelled the speculations about his involvement in writing the song for Burna Boy.
This comes after recent reports that Peruzzi had claimed credit for writing songs like “Unavailable” and “Risky” for Davido.
However, critics have argued that even if Peruzzi had released and performed these songs himself, they would not have gained the same recognition and fame that Davido brought to them.
It’s worth mentioning that a few months ago, Peruzzi and Davido engaged in playful banter online, revealing a close bond between the two artists.
- B-Red Shares Anecdote of Burna Boy Chasing After Davido’s Car During Their First Meeting (Video)
- Davido and Burna Boy Secure Nominations at MTV EMA Awards 2023
- Peruzzi Slams Anita Brown’s Accusations, Denies Affair with Chioma
- Anita Brown Releases Diss Track ‘Womanizer’ Aimed at Davido
- Davido Electrifying Performance at 2023 BET Awards Sets New Standard (Video)